As a surgical pioneer, Dr. Davies has been recognized as the authority in the field of cataract and refractive surgery with experience in a wide range of procedures, such as corneal and anterior segment eye surgery, corneal laser refractive surgery. MIGS (Micro Incision Glaucoma Surgery) and cataract surgery.
He is a recognized expert and instructor on the Crystalens accommodating lens implant; he was the first in Southern California to implant the first generation Crystalens in 2003. In 2008 he was the first in the world to implant the FDA approved Crystalens HD500.
He has been a part of numerous studies becoming the Lead Investigator for the Crystalens HD 100 and HD 500 studies as well as the latest Trulign Toric study.
He has been a part of numerous studies on new technology lens implants
Over the years Dr. Davies has been involved in every aspect of cataract and refractive surgery, traveling the world to learn and teach the latest cataract and refractive surgery techniques. He has presented at multiple conventions for ophthalmologists, from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Barcelona, Spain, Naples and Rome, Italy, New York, Chicago and San Diego.
He has extensive surgical experience, having performed over 50,000 surgeries, including over 25,000 cataracts and lens implant procedures.
- Graduated from Brigham Young University with High Honors with Distinction and with the University Scholar designation, and was elected to the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Medical Degree with Honors, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Medical Internship & Ophthalmology Residency, Sinai Hospital/Kresge Eye Institute in Detroit, Michigan, where he served as Chief Resident
- Has performed over 13,000+ cataract surgeries and counting, with outstanding results, and in those, has implanted over 1,300+ Crystalens accommodating lenses
- First in the world to implant the FDA approved Crystalens HD500
- Davies Eye Care Center was designated a “Crystalens Center of Excellence”
- First in the United States to implant the HD100 third-generation Crystalens
- First in the world to implant the enhanced AT-50 second-generation Crystalens
- First in Southern -California to implant the first-generation Crystalens
- First in San Diego to use endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation (ECP), a revolutionary new treatment that uses a small handpiece that has a video camera, light source and laser for treating glaucoma patients
- First surgeon in San Diego to use the VISX excimer laser to reshape the cornea and remove corneal scars